Alexa is essential in everyone’s home and life. She has made life easier by carrying out chores that you would do manually before.
Some of Alexa’s skills include; controlling smart devices, playing music, giving traffic and weather reports, setting alarms, and many more.
Customizing Alexa has become very popular lately. You can change Alexa’s voice, accent, and even language if you’re tired of listening to her standard voice.
Suppose you want to make Alexa whisper or talk slowly; it’s possible. You can also make Alexa talk like your favorite celebrity. Before we go deeper into the subject, here,
How to Change Alexa Voice to Jarvis
Unfortunately, it is impossible to change Alexa voice to Jarvis as, at the moment, Jarvis’s voice is not supported by Alexa.
However, Alexa supports other celebrity voices, including Samuel L. Jackson, Melissa McCarthy, Shaquille O’Neal, and Gordan Ramsey. Frequently, Amazon updates Alexa’s skills, so keep checking to enjoy new celebrity voices for Alexa.
When buying Alexa, it comes with standard features such as its voice and accent. However, Alexa has many features and allows you to customize your device to whatever you want.
Customizing features include changing Alexa’s name, voice, and even accent. Below are ways to customize Alexa;
1. How To Change Alexa’s Wake Word
A wake word refers to the name you call Alexa to action when you have commands for her. The wake word is usually ‘Alexa .’
But, you call also refer to her as Amazon, Ziggy, Echo, or Computer. Regardless of the model you have, whether Echo Dot, Echo Show, or Echo Input, you can always change Alexa’s name.
There are two ways of changing Alexa’s name; using the Alexa app or voice command.
- Using the Alexa App
Changing Alexa’s name is easy, and you can do it in a matter of seconds. Follow the following steps to change Alexa’s wake word.
- Open the Alexa app on the device you choose.
- Press on the three lines appearing on the upper left corner of your screen.
- Tap on Settings, then choose Device settings.
- Choose the device you would like to alter the wake word.
- Scroll down and tap the Wake Word option.
- Select the wake word you would like to use from the available choice; Amazon, Computer, Echo, Alexa, or Ziggy.
- Alexa glows Orange as it saves the changes.
- Wait for a few seconds, and then give commands using the new wake word.
- Using the voice command
Using voice commands to change Alexa’s voice is more accessible than the former. Below are the steps;
- Say, “Alexa, change the wake word.”
- Wait for Alexa to give you the available options for the wake word; Computer, Echo, Ziggy, and Amazon.
- Say your preferred wake word loudly.
- Wait for Alexa to confirm your wake word with you.
- Use the wake word you have chosen to give commands.
2. How To Change Alexa’s Language
Alexa device is not limited to the English language only. You can interact with your language of preference. Follow these steps to change Alexa’s language.
- Open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap the menu icon and choose Settings.
- Tap on the device settings option.
- Select the Alexa device on which you want to change the language.
- Tap on the language option.
- Scroll down to select the language you want to use with Alexa. Alexa device can speak the following languages; English, Italian, Germany, Japanese, Hindi, Portuguese, French, Spanish.
- Alexa prompts you to change language, click OK.
- Test out the new language after a few seconds.
3. How To Change Alexa’s Accent
Sometimes, you may want Alexa to speak English but with an accent in another country. Changing the accent according to your taste from the skill and game sections is possible. Below is a detailed guide on the procedure;
- From your smart device, open the Alexa app.
- Select Settings on the menu icon
- Select device settings.
- Choose the desired device name.
- Open language
- Choose your desired accent fr the dropbox. The options available for an English accent are;
- English (Canadian)
- English (French).
- English (Australian)
- English (United States)
- English (Indian)
- English (United Kingdom)
- Change Alexa Language prompt appears. Click OK.
- Test device to know of accent has changed.
4. How To Change Alexa’s Voice to Samuel L. Jackson’
If you are a Samuel Jackson fan and would like to converse with him, Alexa allows you to do so. The steps you follow to give Samuel Jackson command requests on Alexa are;
- Say, “Alexa, introduce me to Samuel L. Jackson.
- Confirm that you’ve purchased the skill with Alexa.
- Choose the content you would like, either clean or explicit.
- To use the skill, say, “Alexa, ask Samuel for weather reports.” You can ask for music, stories, or anything else.
- You can customize the wake word to Samuel and refer to your Alexa device like that.
5. How to change the name Alexa refers to you with
With Alexa, human interaction is possible. Alexa can address you by your real name when communicating. To change the name that Alexa calls you, follow this procedure.
- Log in to Alexa App
- At the screen bottom, tap the communicate icon.
- On the top right corner, tap the person icon.
- Tap the name appearing at the top of my communication setting option.
- Select Edit on the top right corner.
- Type your name in the given boxes both the first and last name
- Tap to save the option.
6. How to get Alexa to talk like Pikachu
Alexa has got you covered with her new skill, Pikachu talk if you love Pokemon creatures. Pikachu is one of the Pokemon’s, and it’s possible to converse with Alexa in its voice. To enable the skill, follow these steps;
- Log in to Alexa App.
- Choose the menu icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select skills to open the Amazon store.
- Search Pikachu, and the Pikachu skill shows up.
- Tap on Enable for the skill to work on your device.
- Say, “Alexa, ask Pikachu to talk,” and you converse with Pikachu.
It is possible to Enable the Pikachu skill using voice commands also.
Here Are Some Advantages Of Using Alexa
Alexa has made it easier to carry out daily activities by communicating through voice. Apart from being able to customize Alexa, it has other benefits, which include;
Ease of operation
Alexa is straightforward to operate. Since it’s portable, you can use Alexa anytime and anywhere.
In addition, if you don’t have to type in your command request, all you have to do is speak to it.
Online shopping is possible.
Alexa is a product of Amazon. This enables you to search for products online quickly and order anything you want. Alexa allows you to arrange your shopping list too.
Alarms and timers
With Alexa, setting timers and alarms has become very easy. As small as the task seems, you can easily forget to do so, but Alexa does the job efficiently.
Alexa comes in handy with everything, including managing your to-do list. If you like the feature, you should add it to your favorites, and Alexa with constantly help you remember the things you have to get done.
Disadvantages Of Alexa
Despite having a ton of advantages, Alexa also has its limitations. The disadvantages include:
Sometimes, Alexa has trouble hearing your voice. Alexa might try to substitute the words it misheard with other words, thus giving incorrect information, which is quite frustrating.
Slow response and bloatware
After updates, some features go missing. In addition, Alexa becomes slow to respond to commands.
Such situations require you to do away with your regular routine and start over, which is quite tiresome.
Frequent connection drops
Due to poor Wi-Fi connection or having multiple devices connected to the same network, Alexa may lose connection to your device.
This happens frequently, and anytime you make a request, you get the message, “I’m sorry, I lost connection with your phone.”
Alexa stops responding to your voice sometimes
Background noise causes so much interference with Alexa. Alexa may fail to recognize your voice because of the noise. It is recommended to stay away from a noisy environment when communicating with Alexa.
Customizing Alexa is a fun activity. By changing the Alexa settings, you can change her wake word, voice, language, and even how it calls you. Unfortunately, you cannot change Alexa’s voice to Jarvis’s because the option is not available.
Alexa has its strengths and weakness, and it is essential to understand both. You can easily overcome the limitations and continue enjoying the unlimited services Alexa offers.