Everyone has encountered a narcissist in their life, whether it be in the workplace, in a relationship, or even within the family. Narcissists are notoriously difficult to deal with, as they often derail conversations and make everything about themselves. It can be tempting to give in to their demands or even stand up to them, but if you want to outsmart and mess with a narcissist, you need to know how to do it. There are many strategies you can use to regain control of the situation, such as understanding how to recognize their behavior, recognizing their vulnerabilities, and learning how to stay composed and assertive in their presence. With the right strategies, you can outsmart and mess with a narcissist, and come out on top.
How To Mess With A Narcissist?
Take away their power
This might sound like an impossible task, but there are ways to take away a narcissist’s power. For instance, if a narcissist is always trying to one-up you and make you feel inferior, you can take away their power by not engaging. In other words, if they’re trying to belittle you or put you down, you don’t have to respond or engage with them at all. You can also take away a narcissist’s power by setting firm boundaries. For example, if they’re always asking you to do things for them, but you don’t feel like it’s a good idea to volunteer, you can set firm boundaries.
Speak up and stand your ground
If a narcissist is trying to push you around or get you to do things you don’t want to do, you can stand your ground and speak up. This can be especially helpful if they’re trying to guilt trip you into doing something. If you’re trying to get even with a narcissist, you can stand your ground and refuse to be pressured into doing things you don’t want to do. Another way to stand your ground is to set firm boundaries. For example, if you’re always feeling like you need to give a narcissist whatever they want, you can set firm boundaries and say no.
Take control of the conversation
If a narcissist is always trying to steer the conversation in their direction and get you to talk about them, you can take control of the conversation. For example, if they’re always asking you questions about your life and you don’t feel like answering them, you can take control and ask them questions instead. Or, if they’re always talking about themselves, you can try taking control of the conversation and asking them questions about themselves.
Don’t give them the satisfaction of a reaction
If a narcissist is trying to get a rise out of you or provoke an argument, you can try not giving them the satisfaction of a reaction. This can be difficult, but it’s a great way to get even with a narcissist. It can be hard to do this if they’re being really aggressive or confrontational with you, but it might be worth it in the long run.
Recognizing Narcissistic Behavior
- In order to outsmart and mess with a narcissist, you need to be able to recognize narcissistic behavior. This will put you in a better position to deal with the person, and know how to respond in ways that will actually get through to them. Most narcissists are experts at charming and manipulating others to get what they want, so it can be tricky to recognize signs of narcissism. However, there are several telltale signs that you may be dealing with a narcissist.
- Engaging in Grandiose Language. Narcissists love to brag about themselves and what they have achieved. They will often talk about their accomplishments in an exaggerated or grandiose way, such as claiming that they were the best at everything they ever did. They may also exaggerate things that happened in the past, such as saying they were the best student in their school or got an A in every subject.
- Believing They Are Exceptionally Great. Narcissists often believe they are better than everyone else and don’t see their own flaws. They may think that they are exceptionally intelligent, or that they are the most skilled at their job. They may also believe they are the best spouse, parent, or friend.
- Being Highly Competitive. Narcissists are often highly competitive and become very upset if they don’t come out on top. They may find themselves competing in everything, even things that don’t involve competing with others, such as being the first to finish a meal.
- Being Superficial. Narcissists will often be very focused on the superficial, such as the way they look, their status, and the quality of their possessions. They may say things like, “this car is amazing” or “this house is beautiful” even though it’s not their car or house.
Strategies For Dealing With A Narcissist
- If you want to outsmart and mess with a narcissist, you need to know how to deal with them in a way that will throw them off-guard. There are several strategies you can use to take control of the situation and regain your power.
- Curb Your Own Ego. You may want to stand up to the narcissist and challenge their behaviors, but a narcissist loves to feed off other people’s emotions. If you let your emotions show, the narcissist will use that to their advantage, and use it to feed their ego. Instead, you need to stay calm and composed and use a low-key, assertive tone.
- Don’t Get Drawn into Their Drama. Narcissists often like to draw other people into their drama and get other people emotionally invested in their issues. You can keep yourself from getting drawn into their drama by keeping the focus off the narcissist, and on the issue at hand.
- If you are dealing with a narcissist at work, don’t get drawn into their drama by defending yourself or trying to prove them wrong. Just stay focused on the task at hand, and don’t get drawn into their drama.
How To Protect Yourself From A Narcissist?
- There are a few steps you can take to protect yourself from a narcissist: – Avoid engaging with them – In many cases, the best way to deal with a narcissist is to avoid them as much as possible. If you have a narcissist in your life like a boss or a co-worker, it’s a good idea to steer clear of them as much as possible. You don’t have to engage with them and can avoid becoming one of their targets.
- Set firm boundaries – If a narcissist is someone you interact with regularly, like a family member or a friend, set firm boundaries. For example, if they’re always asking you to do things for them and you don’t want to, you can set firm boundaries and refuse to do those things.
- Protect your emotions – It can be easy to get caught up in a narcissist’s games and get your feelings hurt. If you’re dealing with a narcissist, it’s important to try to protect your emotions.
- Be aware of their tactics – Narcissists use subtle tactics to get what they want and get people to do things for them. It can be helpful to be aware of these tactics so you
Benefits Of Subtle Tactics When Dealing With A Narcissist
- When dealing with a narcissist, it’s best to use less obvious tactics so they don’t notice what you’re doing. Narcissists are often very self-centered, so they aren’t likely to stop and consider your perspective.
- By using subtle tactics, you can mess with them without them ever realizing it. Here are a few benefits of subtle tactics when dealing with a narcissist: When you use subtle tactics, you’re taking control of the situation and getting the upper hand.
- You’re effectively turning the narcissist’s tactics back on them without them realizing it. This can help you feel empowered while making it more difficult for the narcissist to get to you. Subtle tactics can also help you avoid an argument with the narcissist. While narcissists are often very sensitive and defensive, it’s usually best to avoid arguing with them directly.
Tips For Dealing With A Narcissist
- Be patient – It can be difficult to deal with a narcissist, especially if they’re someone you have to interact with regularly. However, it’s important to be patient and try to remain calm, even if the narcissist provokes you.
- Don’t get drawn into an argument – One of the best ways to deal with a narcissist is to avoid arguing with them. You might feel like you need to stand up for yourself or prove them wrong, but it’s best to avoid an argument, even if it’s tempting to get drawn into one.
- Set firm boundaries – If a narcissist is somebody you have to interact with regularly, it’s important to set firm boundaries. For example, if they’re always asking you to do things for them and you don’t want to, you can set firm boundaries and refuse to do those things.
The best way to outsmart and mess with a narcissist is to stay calm and collected, use diplomatic language, and use humor. It’s important to remember that narcissists are very sensitive to criticism and will try to manipulate you if you let them. By using the tips outlined in this article, you can regain control of the situation and put the narcissist off-guard. With practice, you can become an expert at dealing with narcissists and outsmarting them at their own game.